I'm stressed out that April is almost over and I haven't written a post about Stress Awareness Month, so here goes! I did some research on stress buster foods and discovered there are two kinds: comfort foods and good mood foods. Comfort foods relieve stress by bringing back happy memories, while good mood foods keep your blood sugar stable so you don't get hungry and grumpy. Here are some foods from Wisconsin that will help you feel stress free.
1) Milk- Maybe our love of milk explains why people from Wisconsin are so nice. Drink a glass of milk before bed to help you fall asleep easier.
2) Nuts- Nuts are packed with healthy fats, so just a few almonds or pistachios will keep away the irritability that comes with hunger.
3) Soup- A warm bowl of soup will melt the stress away on a cold Wisconsin day.
4) Chocolate- Chocolate makes me happy! Choose a dark chocolate for extra health benefits like antioxidants.
5) Cheese - Can I go one blog post without mentioning cheese? I could, but I probably won't. If milk can relieve stress, cheese is just concentrated milk, so it's packed with stress relief. Happy memories of Wisconsin cheese are sure to make you forget your troubles.
What foods do you eat when you're stressed out?
Source: Diet for Stress Management