There’s a new place for coffee in Madison, Wisconsin and it’s called Colectivo Coffee. When it first opened it was an Alterra coffee, and I’m not sure why the name change or if they are still associated with Alterra, but either way, I love this place! Here are five reasons why this is one of my favorite spots in Madison.
1. Great place to work. If I need to get some work done, I’m very particular about my working noise level, especially when I’m writing. Too much noise and I can’t concentrate, too little noise and I get antsy. A coffee shop, and Collectivo in particular, makes the perfect noise level. Add in some reliable wifi and some caffeine for fuel and I’m at my productivity max.
2. Inside seating, outside seating, and halfway point. If you want to enjoy your coffee inside, there’s plenty of tables and comfy spots, if you want to eat outside you can sit in one of the colorful chairs that remind me of the nearby Union Terrace. Can’t decide? Compromise with a covered but open area in between.
3. Coconut macaroons. Try one. Break your diet if you have to, these are SO worth it.
4. Friendly baristas who are as excited about coconut macaroons as I am. Since I work in customer service, I have high expectations and in all of my trips to Collectivo Coffee I’ve never had a bad experience, in fact, the baristas are as excited about the coconut macaroons as I am!
5. More than just pastries. Coconut macaroons aren't the only tasty treat on the menu. If you are in the mood for a more hearty breakfast, there are a variety of sandwiches available. They even use locally sourced food like Nueske bacon.
As you can tell, I love coffee shops and coffee in general. Check out some of my other blog posts about coffee: